Learn about FYD’s commitment to helping young people unlock their highest potential.
See how we connect young people to the education, training, guidance, and networks to secure a job and pursue a meaningful and productive future.
Find out how our partnerships make educational and cultural systems more responsive to the needs of young people.
The Foundation for Youth Development (FYD) was founded in the year 2003 to address the issues of youth empowerment including education, health,skills acquisition etc. It was also formed to address poverty, inequality and wants among the rural populace.
Considering the need to bridge the yawning gap that existed between city dwellers and those in the rural areas, the Foundation started as an empowerment scheme through the giving of grants to market women, bursary schemes to students, health interventions for the indigent and the aged etc. This scheme later metamorphosed into a Foundation that addresses youth education, skills acquisition, empowerments, amongst others.
- Commission of Solar Powered borehole for farm irrigation at Abacheke-Egbema Cassava/Plantain/Banana plantation
- Provision of portable drinking water for the immediate community in Abacheke-Egbema
- Daily water storage capacity of 4,000 liters
- Year round provision of water for farm irrigation
- The use of renewable energy source for sustainable agricultural practices
- Climate change mitigation using solar power as opposed to diesel powered generator
FYD Project team invited the 7 Secondary Schools that participated in the Essay Competition for award of the winning Prizes.
- 1st Place Winner: Global Comprehensive Secondary School NGN 50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand Naira
- 2nd Place: Queen of Heaven Secondary School: NGN 25,000 (Twenty-Five Thousand Naira)
- 3rd Place: Modern Secondary School: NGN 10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira)